Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market Overview:
The global dimethyl carbonate market was valued at US $750.57 Mn. in 2019, and it is expected to reach US $1079.71 Mn. by 2027 with a CAGR of 6.25% during the forecast period. Dimethyl carbonate (C3H6O3) is a transparent, colorless, flammable, and relatively mild toxic organic compound grouped as a carbonate ester. It is traditionally produced by reacting phosgene and methanol. Transesterification of ethylene carbonate or propylene carbonate and methanol can also be used to synthesize it industrially. In 2009, as a solvent DMC is not bound to the regulations that most volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are bound to in the United States. It is usually considered a green solvent or intermediate. Dimethyl carbonate is largely used in the production of polycarbonates as an intermediate. Polycarbonates are impact-resistant plastics, have high dielectric strength, and are optically transparent. Also, DMC has wide applications in industries like paints and coatings, pharmaceuticals, adhesives and sealants, pesticides, and many other. To know about the Research Methodology :- Request Free Sample Report 2019 is considered as a base year to forecast the market from 2021 to 2027. 2020’s market size is estimated based on real numbers and outputs of the key players and major players across the globe. The past five years trends are considered while forecasting the market through 2027. 2020 is a year of exception and is analyzed especially with the impact of lockdown by region.
COVID–19 Influence on Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market:
The COVID-19 pandemic had an obstructive impact on the global dimethyl carbonate market. Since, the market consists of key Tiers I and Tiers II vendors like Haike Chemical Group, Panax Etec, Balaji Amines, Ube Industries Limited, and many more. Since, factors like restrictions on transport, volatile prices and unavailability of raw materials, and reduced manpower limit the production of DMC globally.
Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market Dynamics:
• Growing demand for polycarbonate (PC) and lithium batteries The growing demand for polycarbonate (PC) and lithium batteries from the various industries is driving and expected to drive the growth of the DMC market over the forecast period respectively. Along with its biodegradability, polarity, and reactivity, dimethyl carbonate is becoming a popular raw material for the manufacturing of polycarbonates, gasoline additives, and cleaning solvents. It is an eco-friendly alternative when assembling polycarbonates since it does not produce hazardous phenols or acids. With rapid advancements in polycarbonate production and lithium batteries, players in the dimethyl carbonate market are unlocking income possibilities. Thus, the global dimethyl carbonate market is expected to grow with a CAGR of xx% over the forecast period thanks to the high demand for DMC in polycarbonate production and lithium batteries. Also, the growing demand for DMC from paints and coatings industries to manufacture water-based organic paints is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. • Involvement of hazardous gases for DMC production Though DMC is an organic compound, hazardous gases like carbon monoxide and phosgene are involved in its conventional production method leaving harmful sodium chloride (NaCl) as a by-product. Most of the manufacturers of DMC across the globe use phosgene, which may lead to death or severe health problems even exposed to low concentrations. So, any process dealing with phosgene requires an advanced level of safety, which is expected to increase the cost for DMC production and acting like restrain for the growth of the market. • Oxygenated fuel additive – DMC In 2018, International Renewable Energy Agency (IREA) researched the depletion of fossil fuels and concluded that consumption of energy is expected to exceed 1,80,000 GWh/year by 2020. In the years ahead, conventional hydrocarbon fuels would become scarce and expensive. To resolve these concerns, the development of new alternative fuels or additives for current hydrocarbon fuels is necessary. Considering the excellent features of DMC many researchers have proposed it as an alternate fuel or oxygenated additive fuel for diesel/gasoline. As a result, if dimethyl carbonate’s use as a gasoline/diesel additive is accepted globally then it is expected to create lucrative growth opportunities for the DMC market over the forecast period. • Volatile prices of oil and gas The price and availability of raw materials are the most important factors in determining the overall costs of dimethyl carbonate products. Methanol, ethylene oxide, and carbon dioxide are among the basic ingredients needed to make dimethyl carbonate. The majority of these basic materials are crude oil-based derivatives that are susceptible to commodity price volatility. The rising global demand for crude oil, as well as the instability in the Middle East, are important drivers influencing dimethyl carbonate costs. The ethylene carbonate market is also impacted by high transportation costs, which are caused by growing fuel prices, as well as high manufacturing costs leading to higher energy expenses. Dimethyl carbonate manufacturers have responded to rising manufacturing costs by ensuring that price increases are irregularly allocated, with end-users taking the burden of the cost. Thus, the dimethyl carbonate market faces a challenge from volatile oil and gas prices.
Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market Segment Analysis:
Based on Grade, the global dimethyl carbonate market is segmented into three types as follows, Battery grade (>99.9% by weight), Industrial grade (>99.0% by weight), and Pharmaceutical grade (>99.5% by weight). In 2019, Industrial grade (>99.0% by weight) was dominant and held the largest market share of xx%. Since it is commonly used in the production of polycarbonates. It is also used as a reagent in pesticides and as a solvent in paints and coatings. The need for industrial-grade dimethyl carbonate is expected to rise over the forecast period thanks to increased demand for polycarbonates from end-use sectors like automotive, electrical, and electronics. Based on Application, the global dimethyl carbonate market is segmented into six types as follows, Electrolyte for battery/super-capacitors/dry solar cells, Intermediate, Solvent, Polycarbonate production, Fuel additive, and Others. In 2019, the polycarbonate production segment held the largest market share of xx%. In the production of polycarbonates, dimethyl carbonate is used as an intermediary. Polycarbonate is an engineering plastic material with high physical features such as heat resistance, impact resistance, structural stability, and optical clarity that is used in end-use industries such as automotive and electrical, and electronics. Based on the End-use industry, the global dimethyl carbonate market is segmented into nine types as follows, Plastic, Paint & Coating, Battery, Adhesive & Sealant, Pharmaceutical, Agrochemical, Ink, Energy, and Food & Beverage. In 2019, the plastic segment was dominant and held 56.50% of the overall market share and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.19% over the forecast period. This is mostly related to the growing use of polycarbonate plastics in emerging electric vehicles in the Asia Pacific. Furthermore, empowering plastic developments contribute to more than 60% of the vehicle’s weight.
Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market Regional Insights:
In 2019, Asia Pacific was the dominant region and held the highest share 57.74% of the global dimethyl carbonate market. During the forecast period, it is also expected to grow with the highest CAGR of 5.38%. The rising usage of dimethyl carbonate in the production of polycarbonate in countries such as China, Japan, Korea, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore, and Malaysia are driving demand in this region. The Asia Pacific region’s growing demand for lithium-ion batteries from the electronics and automotive industries is expected to drive the lithium-ion battery electrolyte market, and thus the dimethyl carbonate market. The North American market held 19.71% of the total market in 2019 and is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of 3.30% over the forecast period, owing to government efforts to upgrade the region’s public infrastructure. Furthermore, the revival of automotive and development areas, as well as expanding ventures for structures and frameworks, has pushed regional market growth. Because of the widespread use of DMC in the pharmaceutical business, the United States is a major beneficiary in the region.
• In July 2020, Balaji Amines, based in India, plans to open the first phase of its new greenfield chemicals project in 2021 to meet domestic demand for DMC, which is approximately 8,000 tonnes. The project’s first phase is expected to cost more than Rs. 1500 million (US $20 million) and would feature a 16,500 ton/year ethyl amines unit and a 9,900 ton/year dimethyl carbonate line (DMC). • In July 2019, Ube Industries has announced the construction of a new unit in the United States to enhance the production of the basic chemical dimethyl carbonate and its derivatives. The factory can manufacture 50,000 tonnes/year of DMC, as well as 20,000-30,000 tonnes/year of purified DMC. The objective of the report is to present a comprehensive analysis of the global dimethyl carbonate market to the stakeholders in the industry. The past and current status of the industry with the forecasted market size and trends are presented in the report with the analysis of complicated data in simple language. The report covers all the aspects of the industry with a dedicated study of key players that include market leaders, followers, and new entrants. PORTER, PESTEL analysis with the potential impact of micro-economic factors of the market have been presented in the report. External as well as internal factors that are supposed to affect the business positively or negatively have been analyzed, which will give a clear futuristic view of the industry to the decision-makers. The report also helps in understanding the global dimethyl carbonate market dynamics, structure by analyzing the market segments and project the global dimethyl carbonate market size. Clear representation of competitive analysis of key players by product, price, financial position, product portfolio, growth strategies, and regional presence in the global Dimethyl Carbonate market make the report investor’s guide.
Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market Scope: Inquire before buying
Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market, by Region
• North America • Europe • Asia Pacific • The Middle East and Africa • South America
Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market Key Players
• Ube Industries Limited • Merck KGaA • Kowa American Corporation • Kishida Chemical Co. Limited • Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemical Group Co. Limited • Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co. Limited • Shandong Haike Chemical Group • Arrow Chemical Group Corporation • Panax Etec • Henan GP Chemicals Co. Limited • Wego Chemical Group • Aceto Corporation • Alfa Aesar • Connect Chemicals • Silver Fern Chemicals • Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co. Limited • Kindun Chemical Co. Limited • Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Limited • Qingdao Aspirit Chemical Co. Limited • Others
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is the forecast period considered for the global dimethyl carbonate market report? Ans. The forecast period for the Dimethyl Carbonate market is 2021-2027. 2. Which key factors are hindering the growth of the global dimethyl carbonate market? Ans. The involvement of hazardous gases like carbon monoxide and phosgene resulting increase in the production cost of DMC is the key factor is hindering the growth of the Dimethyl Carbonate market. 3. What is the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global dimethyl carbonate market for the next 6 years? Ans. The global Dimethyl Carbonate market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.25% during the forecast period (2021-2027). 4. What are the key factors driving the growth of the global dimethyl carbonate market? Ans. The growing demand for polycarbonate (PC) and lithium batteries from various industries is driving and expected to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period. 5. Which are the worldwide major key players covered for the global dimethyl carbonate market report? Ans. Ube Industries Limited, Merck KGaA, Kowa American Corporation, Kishida Chemical Co. Limited, Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemical Group Co. Limited, Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co. Limited, Shandong Haike Chemical Group, Arrow Chemical Group Corporation, Panax Etec, Henan GP Chemicals Co. Limited, Wego Chemical Group, Aceto Corporation, Alfa Aesar, Connect Chemicals, Silver Fern Chemicals, Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co. Limited, Kindun Chemical Co. Limited, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Limited, Qingdao Aspirit Chemical Co. Limited, and Others.